I was walking away from my computer when it dawned on me, this Sunday is Valentines Day! So I’ve decided not to write my actual blog post. Instead I’m going to suggest five cool and easy ways to spend this Sunday, which happens to be Valentine’s Day.
- Have brunch at Claire’s which is located at the Long Beach, CA Museum of Art. It provides a wonderful ocean view and there is outside and inside seating. The food is good and they make an exceptional Bloody Mary. Hurry and make your reservations – people love it there!
- The weather forecast touts temperatures in the 80’s on Valentine’s Day. Paddle Boarding or renting a Hydrobike sounds like something fun and easy to do. But be certain to yelp the Hydrobike business you plan to patronize, as I’ve read some really interesting reviews from displeased customers. But don’t let that stop you, do your research.
- A romantic picnic is always a great way to spend Valentine’s Day! Since you are the one responsible for everything, there will be no surprises. You’ll have the beverage of your choice and the food will be tasty and easy to eat. You can make it really nice too. Simply use your imagination.
- Take a drive up the coast to Santa Barbara. The drive will be beautiful and once you arrive there is much you can do. How about “Rose, Reds & Truffles” Join Santa Barbara Wine Collective Valentine’s Day weekend for a hand selected flight of local wines paired with locally handmade truffles from Jessica Foster Confections.
Cupcake Funkday at Corks n’ Crowns Alison Riede, creator of Sugar Cat Studio pairs Three Mini Cupcakes with Three Sparkling Wines at Corks n’ Crowns. It’s truly a unique tasting experience; most people are surprised that wine and cupcakes pair so well
You can always do something I love to do when I visit Santa Barbara. I love to walk a Labyrinth. There a few places you can find them there so just google it.
- And lastly, if you’d just like to keep it even simpler, consider staying around the house. Relax, and do whatever you’d like to do that day. Pretend to be away on vacation. Turn off cell phones and stay away from facebook – if you can.